
I have the awesome opportunity to review music from Christ. Music Kids! Immediately after putting on the first song, which my three year old has never heard, she starts humming and dancing around the room. There is something about kids hearing other kids sing that really moves them! And there is something about praise and worship that really moves me.
I am one of those people who can get choked up when I hear really beautiful music… So you can imagine the feeling that surged through me when I turned on ‘Catholic Kids Worship’ and ‘ I Am a Friend of God’. I love that Christ. Music Kids has combined praise and worship music and the beautiful sound of children’s voices to witness to KIDS! (And to their parents!) What a great way to allow children to enter into the beauty of prayer through singing. I believe it was Saint Augustine who said ‘Singing is praying twice!’
One of the things that I really like about this music is that it incorporates adult voices AND kids voices. I don’t know about you, but sometimes straight up ‘kid’ music can make me batty. You can only hear so much of it before you lose it. These CD’s utilize both voices to really bring together fantastic praise and worship.
Overall I love that my daughter and I are able to enter into praise and worship of Our Father in Heaven together. Songs that I love are becoming songs that she will love. And we can sing them together.
Christ. Kids Music has generously offered one of our readers the chance to win some of their music! All you have to do is go visit their site and pick out what your favorite praise and worship song. Go to http://www.christmusickids.com/ and hit music store. Come back here and comment about your fave.
For more entries do any or all of the following: ( be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry and include your email if it is not in your profile)
* Blog about this giveaway with a link back
* Subscribe to our emails
* Twitter about this giveaway with a link back ( leave your twitter name)
* Email a friend about this giveaway with a link back ( be sure to CC moderncatholicmom ( at ) gmail ( dot) com )
This giveaway will end 2/14/09 at midnight.
From Christ. Kids Music web site:
Engaging Kids In Worship
“Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the lands! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into His presence with singing!” Ps. 100:1
“Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise!” Ps. 100:4
Scripture is full of exhortations to give praise, worship, honor and thanksgiving to God! By doing so, we enter into His holy presence! How vital it is to our relationship with God that we not only learn about Him, but know Him personally, experience Him and learn how to worship Him! God created us to worship Him for all of eternity. Let us start eternity now by creating opportunities of worship for our kids!
How does one engage kids in worship? First of all, kids CAN worship, but do so differently than adults. Kids, by their nature, are so open and uninhibited. They also come with a lot of energy when it comes to worship! We can capture that energy and openness by engaging them through the song selection, motions and the right leadership
Ellen, hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. Are you ready for your interview?
ReplyDelete1. With winter dragging on I am thinking about warmer weather. What is your favorite summertime activity?
2. What would be on the menu for your ultimate birthday dinner?
3. What household chores do you actually enjoy and which do you try to avoid at all costs?
4. What TV show, doesn't matter if it is current or not, would you choose to live in for one week?
5. This is a classic, but I'm curious to know: If you could have three people, dead or alive, over for dinner, who would you have?
Can't wait to hear your answers! Thanks for playing along!
My fave song is Every Move I Make. I like how it is upbeat but let's kids know God is always there
ReplyDeletejceko77@yahoo.com
I subscribed
ReplyDeletejceko77@yahoo.com
I'm going to go with The Noise We Make because as I'm checking out the songs my 9 months old is dancing in my lap to that one! =]
ReplyDeleteteriannm AT gmail DOT com
Enough was my fav! I can see my 5 yr old and her friends jamming to this cd!
ReplyDeleteMrs. Not the Jet Set
mrs.ntjs (at) gmail.com
www.notthejetset.net
I loved Here I Am To Worship.
ReplyDeleteI tweeted - http://twitter.com/sumrthyme/status/1193338099
ReplyDeleteOoohhh...my kids would love this. They both got MP3 players for Christmas and this would be wonderful to add to them. I love "I am free" and so do they. Thanks for the chance. iclipalso(at)yahoo(dot)com
ReplyDeleteNot only do I want to win this giveaway, I love love love praise and worship, but i also want to subscribe. How do I do that? All of the little buttons are coming up question marks. Anyway, if you could subscribe me as chrissyt@rocketmail.com that would be great!
ReplyDeleteThe songs are all great, but I like the Jesus, I Surrender track.
ReplyDeleteThanks
shannon(dot)rainer(at)gmail(dot)com
I really like Here I am to Worship.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
sgibbs58(at)aol(dot)com
I really love the song "Here I Am To Worship" We are always looking for new uplifting CD's to play in the car. Thanks so much for the chance to win!!!
ReplyDeletecheekybowtique@hotmail.com
I just found your blog! Sounds great!!! Stop by if you can! Hope
ReplyDeleteThis would be wonderful to have!
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
restinginus@hotmail.com
loved 'friend of god' - my daughter would dance to that one :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is "Jesus, I surrender" What a good message.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the giveaway!
Amy B.
adennispac@yahoo.com
I'm a subscriber!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the giveaway!
Amy B.
adennispac@yahoo.com
Great music, I like Behold the Lamb - I work with my church in the children's ministry, this would be great to have!
ReplyDelete