Monday, November 22, 2010

Electronics at Church

 At Church today there was a five year old sitting next to us playing video games.  I kid you not.  He was literally playing a hand-held video gaming system including the continuous click-click of the keys.  While walking to Communion I noticed another electronic device (unsure what it was.. DVD v. videogame, etc.) sitting on the pew.

Seriously?  I cannot wrap my mind around the idea of letting children play electronics during the one hour a week we go to Mass.  I am not trying to sound hard, I am just dumbfounded.  Has anyone else had this experience during Mass?

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. ugh...........i even have a hard time bringing some books/coloring books b/c i want her to focus on the mass. but electronics are too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, unless it was a Mass video but even that would be weird! But I think I have seen it once in the cry room . . . My guess is that soon the congregation will be asked to leave their video games off just like the cell phones. Seems sad that we should have to be told such obvious things, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is crazy I have never seen that thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that drives me nuts. I feel bad w/ my 3yo having paper & a pencil.
    I think it's highly disrespectful. And even worse that is was a 5yo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. No, I have not seen this. But that is just wrong, so wrong. If they cannot sit quietly in Mass, then why are they not attending CCD? That is crazy! Even if it is a Leapster or something else educational. NO NO NO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I have seen this before as well. I completely agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen this yet. I wouldn't be happy to see such a sight, either. I hate the popularity of being "plugged in" at all times!

    However, I have seen snacks in church. I can understand a bottle, but not snacks or water for older children. At least they're in church, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcomed. Please remain respectful! Thanks :)

Blog Archive

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites