Sunday, February 14, 2010

Why do Catholics do that?

There are so many components to Catholicism that are misinterpreted due to lack of information. I thought I would take a few posts to break down some of the most common misconceptions and the Scriptural and Theological basis that will explain them. If you have any that you are wondering about please feel free to post your questions and I will do my best to answer them according to the Catholic faith.

Some of the most common questions:

1. Why can't priests get married?

2. Are Catholics really Christians?

3. Why does the Catholic Church have a devotion to Mary?

4. Why does the Catholic Church have a devotion to the saints?

5. Why can't women be priests?

6. Why not contraception?

7. Why not IVF?

8.  I'm not Catholic but why can't I receive during Communion?

It has been my experience that the more knowledgeable we are about our faith, the easier it is to evangelize when we get in those conversations that can sometimes stump us. As we prepare for Lent let us prepare our hearts for the call to conversion in our own lives and to be a catalyst for conversion in others.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcomed. Please remain respectful! Thanks :)

Blog Archive

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites