So, I was talking to my mom and sharing with her my frustrations of determining to what extent we are supposed to be evangelizing and she said that the most important evangelizing I can do is to my daughter. She firmly believes that upon entering the gates of Heaven we will be asked what we did to bring Christ to our children. In one breath this is a simple statement. Of course we need to evangelize to our children. On the other hand it takes that breath away! I am responsible for being the first Christ that my daughter encounters. My actions, my words and my teachings must all consistently reflect the love of Christ. What a HUGE endeavor! What a HUGE gift! What a HUGE responsibility!
I think it such a testament to the gift of a child. I am someone who has a very difficult time getting pregnant and then maintaining the pregnancies. I am beginning to really see the miracle of life in that God is truly in charge of our fertility. This can be difficult for me because I wanted many children! And God has blessed me with one on earth and one in Heaven. How much more am I being called to raise the one I have been given to truly serve the Lord and bring Christ to all she meets.
I pray that I am always a witness to Christ's love in the world but I pray even more so that my little one knows and loves the Lord so that she may be a witness to all. Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment
All comments are welcomed. Please remain respectful! Thanks :)