Sunday, January 3, 2010

Holy Boldness

Bishop Fulton Sheen once wrote:

"There are not 100 people in the world who hate Catholicism, but there are millions who hate what they mistakenly believe Catholicism to be".

How true are these words! In light of a new year, I have felt that tiny tug on my heart that begs the question, 'Will you tell them who I am?'

For the most part I have lost my fervor, my holy boldness, to evangelize to those in need. There was a time when I felt the conviction to spread the Gospel message independent of my pride. Now my pride envelopes me and I want to shy away from speaking out loud to someone about our Savior. I mean, I might offend them, or bore them, or look strange. And then it hits me.

Its all about Christ! Everything is about our Lord. And what a gift it is to be able to tell the world about the love of Christ. What would be the point of our existence if not to glorify our Creator? I am amazed at how distracted I can become by the world and all the empty promises it has to offer. I pray that I will not worry about feeling embarrassed or looking weird. It is not about me. It's about Him.


Thank you Lord that men like Fulton Sheen can inspire and remind us that it is indeed all about You. May 2010 be a year filled with Holy Boldness and a greater love for You! Teach us how to evangelize Lord so that all Creation may know of your greatness.

1 comment:

  1. When you figure out how to come up with the courage to do this, let me in on your little secret!! I have no problem evangelizing fellow moms on NFP and contraception, but other than that I get very overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcomed. Please remain respectful! Thanks :)

Blog Archive

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites