Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pro-life Billboards wanting to go up for Ohio-Illinois game

Hi MCM readers,

I received this email from our local pregnancy center and thought maybe I would forward it to you and see if you might post it on your blogs. Interesting concept..... If you are able to donate, great! If you are able to pass on the message, thank you! Thanks for reading!

Photobucket



In April, PDHC started a public awareness campaign that included the use of bumper stickers, business cards, fliers, and billboards. The results have been incredible. Calls to the hotline have increase significantly every month and continue to increase. A picture of one of the billboards is here on the left. These have saved many lives and we intend to continue to post these messages all over Columbus, thanks to the generosity of our supporters and the imagination of some dedicated volunteers.

This morning, we have been given an opportunity to increase the awareness of PDHC dramatically during the Ohio State football season by advertising right in the heart of the pre- and post-game activities. The photo and map to the right shows the location and impact of a proposed billboard placement for the "pink signs" that have been so successful in bringing women to our hotline and our centers. The location is right on Olentangy River Road and is the most visible presence that we have had thus far.This billboard, since it is in such a high traffic area and a prime location, is more expensive than the others that we have been placing.

The cost to display this life-saving message through the OSU football season will be
$2,400.Believe me. If I didn't think that this would save lives, I wouldn't have bothered to write today. If you can help fund this board, please click here.

It would be best if we could get it up for the Illinois game this weekend, so I'll need to know right away if you can help. If we don't see the support for this billboard, we will simply not do it. If you have any questions or if you would prefer to talk to me about your support of this opportunity, please click here to e-mail me, or you can just call me at 614.888.8774, extension 6116.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Thank you. God bless you. I hope to hear from you.

Tim Welsh, Executive Director
Pregnancy Decision Health Centers



timw@pdhc.org
Pregnancy Decision Health Centers 665 E. Dublin-Granville Rd. Suite 120 Columbus OH 43229

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcomed. Please remain respectful! Thanks :)

Blog Archive

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites