Thursday, June 25, 2009

Authentic love in the house

I heard some really great advice today that I wanted to share. My good friend over at www.thriftyandchicmom.com shared that instead of concentrating on my tasks such as cleaning, laundry, etc. as accomplishments I should look at the times in my day that I provide my family with authentic love. I can't believe all the time that goes by in a day when I am running around trying to get from one place to the next or to that one pile of laundry. I seem to miss out on a lot of opportunity to just engage and love my family because I am hyper focused on getting my house in order. Tomorrow I am going to try and really look at all the time I spend loving my family and acknowledge that time as time well spent!




2 comments:

  1. Good point. Now I've got something to think about today. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hard for me to do, too, but I know it's important.

    I try to think of it more like "I HAVE laundry to do because of these amazing people in my life. I offer them clean clothes". When I stop to think what I am REALLY doing, it's like a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcomed. Please remain respectful! Thanks :)

Blog Archive

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites