
I had the privilege of attending a ten year reunion for my household (Christian sorority) 'Stella Mariae'. Latin for 'Star of Mary' Stella was formed in 1999 through the prayers of 15 women. The idea is that we are all stars of Mary striving to shine with Christ's love in a darkened world. Through the love of Jesus and Mary we are able to truly enter into a beautiful relationship with our Father in Heaven and one another. We try to exemplify the ten virtues of Mary (by St. Loius de Monfort):
Profound Humility
Continuous Prayer
Universal Mortification
Blind Obedience
Burning Charity
Divine Wisdom
Lively Faith
Angelic Sweetness
Heroic Patience
Divine Purity
We ususally pray for each specific virtue with a Hail Mary. We believe that by imitating the virtues of Mary we will truly be lights of Christ!
We created a covenant to the Lord and one another. It is still one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. Seeing the women from our household this weekend truly cemented the fact that those relationships that are formed with Christ as the center seem to last forever!
One of my girlfriends began talking to a friend with whom she had lost contact. Their lives are totally different and the one friend doesn't have Internet. After they had caught up the girl turned to my friend and said, ' I know that we aren't able to talk much but I do know that one day I will see you again in Heaven.' THAT is what is all about!
Although many things have transpired since I graduated college I am comforted by the fact that I have over 180 women praying for me daily. When crisis rears its head I have instant prayers. I may not keep in touch with many of the women but my heart is forever connected to them in the Eucharist. THAT is FRIENDSHIP.
Our Covenant with One Another:
Christ has called us into a special bond of spiritual sisterhood with one another. By this sisterhood, Christ calls us to LOVE (1 Cor. 13:1-13) Him first and then His Mother. Jesus said, "I give you a new commandment, love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another. This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (John 13:34-5)
By striving to truly love Jesus and Mary, we will learn how to love each other. Our love for each other is manifested as we serve, respect, encourage, protect and challenge one another toward holiness. We fight as women warriors, moving in unison with one another. Our battle is one for the triumph of Christ's love in our hearts and in the world. We are here to support each other in the battle, so that when one of us falls, the other women are present to help and protect the one who has fallen.
We call each other to holiness, to imitating the Blessed Mother, in the way we dress, act, and speak, in what we choose to see and hear. We help each other make decisions for the good. In this way we set our lives apart so that we will be used to bring Christ's Light and Love into this world of darkness. In giving our lives and ourselves to Jesus and Mary through interior and communal prayer, we are urged to go forth to evangelize and serve others in the different places God will place us.
Households can be such a beautiful thing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing that you have gained spiritually from yours.