Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fasting for your marriage


As catholics we tend to fast for all kinds of important issues or occasions. Recently a friend told me that her husband fasts for their marriage every week and I was speechless at the generous and loving gift her husband is giving her. So it got me thinking if we fast for everything else why not fast for our marriages, the foundation of our family life. In pre-marriage counseling my pastor told us the one thing we MUST do everyday is pray aloud together. Here is my question for you what do you do to strengthen your marriage? Do you pray together, do you fast, or maybe you have another beautiful tradition you can share. In a world where marriage is constantly attacked it never hurts to add a little more spiritual support to your marriage.



<span class=

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had something to share.
    I think the most we do for our marriage is practice NFP. Even though it stinks, we do it together and it keeps us communicating.

    We have not been the best about praying together-partly due to our schedule, but I know we have not kep it a priority like we should. We used to be great about praying the rosary aloud together almost every night. Things were much better between us when we did that. Not that they are bad now, but we need to get back on track.

    I think it's beautiful that the mentioned dh fasts for their marriage. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcomed. Please remain respectful! Thanks :)

Blog Archive

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites