Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kid altar questions

I put together a 'kid' friendly altar for my Liv. So far I used a t.v. tray, covered it with blue cloth, put a Crucifix and statue of Mary on it and now I want to do something to personalize it for Liv. I want her touch to be on it so she feels like it is hers. Then the goal is to say a morning prayer and an evening prayer in front of it. We always remember night prayers but rarely remember morning prayers... and what better way to start the morning then with prayer.

So does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe a good craft? Does anyone else do this?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. we just say prayers and intentions before breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the table, but what a great idea to set up a prayer area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a picture of Mary or Jesus or favorite Saint(could be a holy card or printout, or she could color one), Put popsicle sticks around it to frame. Put 2 together on top in a point(think a little church framey thing. You can put a cutout Cross coming out of the top) Then let her glue small pretty rocks(fish tank rocks could work, or from craft store), shells, crystals, beads, something pretty all around the edges. It becomes like a little grotto. It is cute. And simple, and she can put her touch on it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcomed. Please remain respectful! Thanks :)

Blog Archive

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites