Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Letting go

Today, with God's loving grace, I went through boxes of infant clothes. I am dealing with 'secondary infertility' meaning that I have had one child (thank you Jesus!) but now I am unable to have another. God is faithful and I know that if it is in His plan for me to have more children then I will. But the human part of me cannot seem to let go of my dream of having 5 or 6 kiddos running around making me crazy... and happy!

I intentionally wanted to get rid of as much as I could so that I could 'let-go' of the desire to have another baby. I feel called to 'let-go' because I was just thinking about it all the time. I am learning to deal with secondary infertility and for me, giving away four bags of baby clothes was just the thing I needed to do in order to really step forward in faith.

I am excited to know that instead of the clothes sitting in the garage, now they will go to someone who needs them. My next step is to go through the larger items and decide what can be donated or sold and what should be kept. I hate to hold onto anything because it feels like I am not fully letting go but I know that if I were to become pregnant in the next three years we wouldn't be able to re-buy the larger items.

For now I rest in Christ. I know that His plan is the plan I desire. For all those who are dealing with fertility issues, my prayers go out to you. You will be in my heart in a special way this week.

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

8 comments:

  1. Big HUGS to you. I found this post so touching.
    I will say an extra prayer for you.
    For what it's worth, I think you are very brave and faithful in your actions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you. I have been dealing with this in a way also. We have a beautiful daughter and have been trying for a second for two years now. I am just starting to go to a specialist this month after having tried Clomid for three months already. I will definitly keep you in my prayers. I know how hard this can be. Although, I don't know your specific situation, I do know what it's like to want another child so badly and not be able to conceive. God bless you. Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara my heart breaks for you, I am praying for you to find peace in Gods will whatever it may be. Thanks for sharing and being so brave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are starting to find peace, and God has a plan for you and your family. He always reveals things at the right time.
    You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for you. I'll keep you in my prayers. Have you considered adoption or fostering to adopt?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this Tara. You have no idea how perfect the timing is. Recently I have felt called to give away some of our baby items as well. Just haven't been able to do it just yet. After three years, it's still a struggle. My husband and I were just discussing and re-hashing God's timing and will the other evening again. My heart absolutely breaks every time I even consider having to give up the dream of more children and move on. I'm just not there yet. In truth though, I think we are almost on our last option. The final option will be the Pope Paul VI Institute in Omaha and that probably won't be even an option for us until we'd HAVE to go and that would be in spring due to winter weather/hubby's busy time at work. Right now I am in my third cycle of a new course of treatment for me and I anxiously await to see if it will work.
    I will continue to hold you close in thought and prayer this week as well. The diagnosis of 'secondary infertility' still makes me shudder and many days I cannot believe that it is a label that now defines me along with many other women.
    Thank you for being so open to share with us about your letting go. May you be blessed with abundant graces dear Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are always in my prayers, Tara. On a hopeful note, my parents were told they were infertile after having my brother. Five years later, they had my sister...and then two more girls...you never know.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcomed. Please remain respectful! Thanks :)

Blog Archive

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites