
Today as I sit here in my warm and cozy home I am full of so many mixed emotions, what a horrific day and yet what a day of hope. As you know today is the anniversary of Roe v. Wade one of the most monumental and life changing decisions this country has made. Today is the day we said as a country that life no longer has intrinsic value, that someone else has the right to decide how much your life is worth. Ever since we have been sliding down a slippery slope towards a day that I hope never comes. Today I am unable to be in Washington along with all the faces of hope and I am so sad. I wish I could be there marching along side the brave men and women who are standing up for life. I wish I had a big banner to wave in the wind and proclaim my support of life and my abhorrence of this countries abortion policies, but instead I am at home praying and hoping that this is the year that our country will wake up. I pray that this is the year our president will have a major conversion and spearhead the movement towards valuing life. But most of all I pray that I will have the courage to do my part in the fight for life. I pray that I will not be complacent and that I will stand up for those that have no voice.
I am so hopeful when I hear of the large numbers of people in Washington marching for life ( est. at least 200,000!), how amazing and wonderful. As I sit here contemplating what I have done I know I can do more, I have a bumper sticker on my car but it is subtle maybe I need a more blatant one like my friend has ("Being Prochoice is easy when you are not the one being killed") and I know I need to pray in front of the clinics more and I know I need to offer up my intentions for pregnant women more often. There are so many things I should be doing, I truly hope in 2010 I will look back and know I fought the good fight. Until then I will keep praying and hoping and hopefully more and more will join the cause. I look forward to the day when I can say to my children today is the anniversary of the day we stopped killing babies!
Be sure to check out the powerful yet ironic video posted at Momopoly!

No comments:
Post a Comment
All comments are welcomed. Please remain respectful! Thanks :)