Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Is a 4 yo too young to go to soup kitchen?

I want to begin a family tradition of bringing my 4 year old to a soup kitchen.  My mom thinks she is too young to be involved in this type of volunteer work.  What do you think?

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I think it depends on the area/soup kitchen. At the age of 4 my son had visited the abortion clinic w/ me to pray, and he went w/ us to donate food for the local shelter. But it's NOT a good area, so we only donated.

    If you feel she's too young, what about taking her on a shopping trip just to buy things the soup kitchen or shelter needs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on how rough the area is and how understanding she is of the situation. It could be scary for her or very confusing. But you know your daughter best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not too young. One of my earliest and strongest memories is of helping at a meal for seniors at my church. I was four. My duties were pretty lightweight and I remembering wandering around talking to all sorts of odd old people who laughed at me a lot. But I helped. I am very grateful to my parents for instilling that sense of service in me very young.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes great thinking guys but i have a fantastic thing for Mom

    "Securing financial aid for single mothers is a great opportunity every single mom would love to accomplish. When you're a single mother it can be a very scary and daunting experience!"

    Financial aid for single mothers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that it is wonderful that you would do this. My mother started a non profit agency that feed children that were in need. I brought my son to the soup kitchen often since he was 3. He is 14 now and when he looks back those are some of his most fondest memories. Excellent lessons learned.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcomed. Please remain respectful! Thanks :)

Blog Archive

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites