Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy Feast of St. Francis

Happy Feast of St. Francis!
I did not have the opportunity to celebrate today so I think that I will pretend the feast day is tomorrow! The kiddos will never know!

This weekend has been very challenging as my three year old is sick. And it's not the 'down and out' sick, it's the 'constant whining sick'. And it is wearing this mom down.... My dh is back on nights which always ends up being fun.... He gets home around 5am and sleeps until noon. Gets up for about an hour and goes back to sleep until he goes back to work at 5pm. Too much complaining? Okay, no more complaining. :-)

The funny thing is, sickness can really cause a family to slow down. Typically on Monday's we have a very busy morning schedule. Swim lessons, play group, etc. But tomorrow we are going to stay home. And you know, I am kind of excited about that. There will be no where we will 'have' to be and nothing we have to do. We can do a little school, some art and maybe just go for a walk. Sometimes I feel like we are just moving at such a fast pace. It's nice every once and awhile to just get off the train and breathe.

So my prayer for tonight is that I have the patience to parent my three year old, the peace to enjoy a quiet day, and the motivation to get the normal household chores accomplished.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcomed. Please remain respectful! Thanks :)

Blog Archive

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites