
By now I am sure most of us have heard about the movie ‘Fireproof’. I personally have not seen it yet (for no real reason) but it is on my list of things to do this summer. From the movie also came a book called ‘The Love Dare’.
After several opportunities to buy the book and never actually committing to owning it I have finally found myself a copy from the library sale pile. This book serves as a 40 day quest to strengthen your marriage. It is a journal based book that allows you to record thoughts, actions and outcomes. Every day begins with Scripture and there is a one or two page excerpt talking about the meaning of that Scripture. At the end of the excerpt the couple has a ‘dare’ or challenge that will serve to strengthen the marriage. While this book is not predominately Catholic it is a beautiful Christian reference for any marriage.
I look forward to getting through our 40 day quest and pray that God blesses our marriage for our valiant attempt!

No comments:
Post a Comment
All comments are welcomed. Please remain respectful! Thanks :)