Well I did it~
The garage sale was a great success. I had the sale Friday and Saturday and got rid of most of our stuff. My stuff was definitely priced to sell! I love that all that 'stuff' is gone, gone, gone! (singing voice)
God is good. I prayed that he would help me let go of things I didn't need. I actually prayed to become unattached from my material goods. How crazy is that? I never in a million years would consider myself 'materialistic'. Don't get me wrong, I like a good purse. But for the most part it just isn't high on my priority list. After seeing the massive pile of excess I have accumulated over the past few years I really had to look at myself in a different light. And truly I did not like what I found at first. Through God's grace I think I can continue this ability to get rid of things that we don't use. There are so many people out there who are in need and I definitely don't need a garage full of 'well-we-might-use-it-one-day' type things!
In a world where there is a constant push to buy and own it becomes normal for Americans to have 'extra'. Of course for some this isn't a problem at all but for others (me, me) a cluttered home can lead to clutter in other areas of life. So in the spirit of simplicity I wish you a clutter free basement or garage and the hope that if I can do it, you can too!
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2011
(1)
- ► 06/26 - 07/03 (1)
-
►
2010
(62)
- ► 11/21 - 11/28 (4)
- ► 10/31 - 11/07 (1)
- ► 08/29 - 09/05 (1)
- ► 06/06 - 06/13 (1)
- ► 05/09 - 05/16 (1)
- ► 05/02 - 05/09 (1)
- ► 04/25 - 05/02 (1)
- ► 04/18 - 04/25 (1)
- ► 04/11 - 04/18 (7)
- ► 03/28 - 04/04 (3)
- ► 03/21 - 03/28 (4)
- ► 03/07 - 03/14 (3)
- ► 02/28 - 03/07 (4)
- ► 02/21 - 02/28 (2)
- ► 02/14 - 02/21 (8)
- ► 02/07 - 02/14 (3)
- ► 01/31 - 02/07 (6)
- ► 01/24 - 01/31 (2)
- ► 01/10 - 01/17 (5)
- ► 01/03 - 01/10 (4)
-
▼
2009
(181)
- ► 12/20 - 12/27 (1)
- ► 11/29 - 12/06 (1)
- ► 11/22 - 11/29 (2)
- ► 11/15 - 11/22 (2)
- ► 11/08 - 11/15 (2)
- ► 11/01 - 11/08 (1)
- ► 10/25 - 11/01 (3)
- ► 10/11 - 10/18 (3)
- ► 10/04 - 10/11 (5)
- ► 09/27 - 10/04 (4)
- ► 09/20 - 09/27 (5)
- ► 09/13 - 09/20 (1)
- ► 09/06 - 09/13 (3)
- ► 08/30 - 09/06 (2)
- ► 08/23 - 08/30 (3)
- ► 08/09 - 08/16 (2)
- ► 07/26 - 08/02 (5)
- ► 07/19 - 07/26 (1)
- ► 07/12 - 07/19 (1)
- ► 07/05 - 07/12 (2)
- ► 06/28 - 07/05 (2)
- ► 06/21 - 06/28 (4)
- ► 06/14 - 06/21 (1)
- ► 06/07 - 06/14 (2)
- ► 05/17 - 05/24 (1)
- ► 05/10 - 05/17 (3)
- ► 05/03 - 05/10 (4)
- ► 04/26 - 05/03 (9)
- ► 04/19 - 04/26 (7)
- ► 04/12 - 04/19 (6)
- ► 04/05 - 04/12 (5)
- ► 03/29 - 04/05 (6)
- ► 03/22 - 03/29 (8)
- ► 03/15 - 03/22 (7)
- ► 03/08 - 03/15 (11)
- ► 03/01 - 03/08 (5)
- ► 02/22 - 03/01 (4)
- ► 02/15 - 02/22 (4)
- ► 02/08 - 02/15 (10)
- ► 02/01 - 02/08 (7)
- ► 01/25 - 02/01 (5)
- ► 01/18 - 01/25 (7)
- ► 01/11 - 01/18 (11)
- ► 01/04 - 01/11 (1)

Way to go! Success for sure! Isn't it a great feeling to let go of that excess 'stuff'? It can so quickly clutter our homes and as you sai, other areas of life as well. Job well done for sure!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on successfully getting rid of all of your things at the garage sale. I am glad you feel better now too.
ReplyDeleteGreat job! I love the idea of praying for detachment before having a garage sale. I will have to do that too. I also don't feel to materialistic but I seem to have accumulated enough stuff for others to think I am! J/K! Good idea and I will be using it when I prepare for my sale this summer! Thanks. http://domandafam.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI need to have a garage sale I need to just do it we have way too much stuff for "maybe one day" Thanks for teh push! I am so glad it was a success.
ReplyDelete